A programme of free outdoor music performances has been confirmed as part of the Norfolk and Norwich Festival.
The gigs will take place in Norwich’s Chapelfield Gardens, with slots at 7pm and 9.30pm most nights from Friday, May 13 to Tuesday, May 17. Some slots are run in collaboration with BBC Music Introducing,
The line up is:
- Friday, May 13: Molly Willis; Malana: Norwich-based singer-songwriter Molly Willis released her debut EP ‘Bad Art’ in March 2020 – an indie rock record chronicling her experiences with bipolar disorder. Malana is a Norwich-based producer who blends elements of hip hop, trip hop and downtempo while drawing influence from the likes of Bonobo, Burial and Knxwledge.
- Saturday, May 14: NYJX; Brown Horse: The Jazz Exchange is a new ensemble that brings together emerging talent from across the UK to create a fresh, distinctive sound. Brown Horse are a Norwich-based folk rock group.
- Sunday, May 15: Avenhue x Latekid; Marina Florance: Avenhue is a rapper and producer from Norwich, now based in South East London. Producer and vocalist Latekid uses music and poetry as the foundation of their performances. Marina Florance is a singer-songwriter who creates music that crosses Americana, folk and country.
- Monday, May 16: Darri T; MAMA OH NO: Darri T is a 23-year-old Norwich-based musician with many styles and influences. MAMA OH NO are a soul/rock band, with members from both England and Denmark.
- Tuesday, May 17: Ben Auld; i.am.afiya: Ben Auld’s music has a radiant AM pop warmth, somewhere between The Byrds and Neil Young. i.am.afiya is a singer-songwriter and self-taught instrumentalist, playing both guitar and piano.